When it comes to fulfilling and shipping order, it is important to understand that this a process that involves so many variables. As a result, it has led to the emergence of an entirely new field helping to streamline these processes. The establishment of an order management system is basically aimed at adding value to people’s businesses by helping to organize online sales.
OMS vs IMS
For the sake of clarity, it’s important to know the functions and differences between an order management system (OMS) and an inventory management system (IMS). As earlier mentioned, OMS is aimed at organizing current online sales while IMS is designed to proffers business owners with a forecast on the demand of their product and the required materials for the future. It does this by helping to analyze sales history.
Functions of OMS
Managing a growing number of sales at every separate step of the shipping process is generally known to be one of the most difficult tasks to perform in an eCommerce store. To this end, in order to effectively organize orders in a more consistent and manageable workflow, most medical IT support has seen the need to execute an OMS service. To help you whittle down your list, some of its importance has been provided here for your consideration.
– Customers are duly informed with any of your product goes out of stock. So, it helps to keep them properly informed about the availability of your product. This can be effectively achieved by connecting your eCommerce store go your inventory.
– There is no need to start planning on how to contact your shipping services after payments have been authorized. With an order management system (OMS) these processes can be effectively automated and integrated.
– From intra-warehouse arrangements to on-the-truck updates, customers can be updated on the shipping status of their order. These reports and other relevant information can be rightly provided on one page of the site.
– You can automatically restock your products and materials once the fall below a certain threshold.
– Your medical IT support can use its OMS to automatically process refunds and returns.
No doubt, this platform can help organize your business needs and also help to minimize those apparently difficult tasks of tracking store orders. While it helps you check the status of orders every time you are in the office, achieving this can be difficult particularly when you are away. This emphasizes the need for a cloud-based OMS as you cannot guarantee that you will always be in the office.
With this platform, you can easily access your stored information from anywhere at any time. Whether you are waiting for takeoff or you are on the warehouse floor or even at home, you can easily access the status of every order that comes in.